In case you're wondering, I do not receive a single cent from MAS by writing this.

Ever since the inception of AirAsia, I have found myself patronising AirAsia more. Gone were the days of expensive air travel, one can now travel on a plane at the price of a bus ticket. Being a poor student, I find myself most of the time putting $$ as the first priority, and thus I fly AirAsia more oftenly for the past few years. Also thanks to Tony F and co, that it had made MAS finally realised what an idiot they have been for the past few years, and they decided to join in the bandwagon of offering siao tickets. It's a win-win situation for us consumers, but to the airlines it might not be. I had the pleasure of flying with MAS last week after nicking a cheap ticket few months ago, flying a 5 star value carrier at low cost price ;), and I'm very impressed with the service onboard, though it has been receiving quite an amount of flak recently. May I present to you Walter's top 5 reasons to fly with Malaysia Airlines!

NUMBER 5: KLIA instead of LCCT
I get to check-in at KLIA, use the aerobridge to board the aircraft.

 

Instead of using the crowded, hot and unorganised Pudu-UdaraLCCT. Where I start to sweat even before the plane takes off...

NUMBER 4: Ah Moi
I'm served by elegant, classy, and poised kebaya clad ahmois with hair tied in a bun rather than bimbos in a short red skirt.

Try flying with AirAsia during the evening or night, chances are the stewardesses are jaded, have messy hair, looks irritated. But textbook says Cabin Crew's first priority are for passenger's safety so ...


oops!

 

NUMBER 3: Free food and beverages
Though technically not "free", but I do appreciate the fact that I do not need to open my wallet to get a drink or meal. That really makes flying not as glamorous as it should be. With MAS you get free flow of drinks and food on flights more than a certain period.

 

Who can serve you Nasi Lemak 35,000 feet above sea level. WITH BANANA LEAF SOME MORE!!! Pak Nasser also cannot the last time i checked.

NUMBER 2: Affordable prices!
I got my 2 hour flight ticket for a mere RM198! Prices are as cheap as AirAsia if not cheaper at times. Though you have to be smart in finding the cheap tickets. I'm still studying so I can actually preplan my holidays. This comes in handy as most of the time, you will need to book in advance to get cheap fares. And the all inclusive pricing they use during advertisement saves the need for you to do mental calculation of taxes and what not. Saves brain juice.

 

 

 

 

and last but not least...

 

 

 

 

dum dee dum...

 

 

 

NUMBER 1

I fly MAS because I get to be a datuk..

 

...without actually being one! :D

 

END!

7 comments
  1. Twilight Man April 11, 2009 at 12:52 AM  

    I could have listed over 10 reasons I prefer MAS esp the seat is fabric with better cushions and more leg room for a gorilla like me plus in-flight movies. You should offer your expert service to book cheap tickets for me with small token commission! Anyway I'm also thankful that I got free tickets from Air Asia so many times by just paying airport tax. Now considering a trip to London next year! Book now rite?

  2. WT April 11, 2009 at 9:37 PM  

    hahahaha, wait for airasia promo! Dirt cheap i tell you.

    London ah, you can get quite good fares from MAS website. If you insist of flying with legacy carriers, checkout MAS, SQ, or emirates. The latter offers very good price into London via Dubai.

  3. Anonymous April 13, 2009 at 7:52 PM  

    Why do they call you Datuk ?

    Jessnor Arif

  4. Jean April 14, 2009 at 11:52 AM  

    Lol how come they adress you as datuk??
    it's it their style??
    The food looks great! with chocolate somemore!

  5. WT April 14, 2009 at 8:16 PM  

    Jess, Jean
    Thanks for dropping by. Erm, i put Datuk under the salutation when booking for no reason. Was surprised it actually prints the datuk on your boarding pass. Me and the check in guy had a great laugh

  6. jerard_89 April 14, 2009 at 10:09 PM  

    The food is so so tempting... MAS.. i want MAS food.. Walter.. i BLAME U!!!

  7. Twilight Man April 17, 2009 at 7:38 PM  

    This blog is Expired!

    Have a good weekend!

Post a Comment